Lucky 13  

It's time for Idol to really start now. Normally, I already have a favorite but not this year. Most of the kids we've only seen once. Hard to become a fan with only 1 1/2 minutes of singing. Anywho, on with the show!

Ryan start off standing on top of the "Big Stage" and then something strange happens. Announcer dude introduces the judges who then walk across the stage, down the stairs, and up to their seats while stairs magically appear for Ryan to walk down from the top of the stage. That must have cost some money.

After Ryan talks to the judges, he introduces the kids. This is normally the order they perform in but this show is different this year so that may not be the case.

OH! Did you hear about the 5700 and 5713 phone numbers? They both go to phone sex lines!

Anyway, here's the order:
Lil Rounds - 1-866-436-5701 (text "Vote" 5701)
Scott MacIntyre (and his cute brother) 1-866-436-5702 (text "Vote" 5702)
Danny Gokey 1-866-436-5703 (text "Vote" 5703)
Michael Sarver 1-866-436-5704 (text "Vote" 5704)
Jasmine Murray 1-866-436-5705 (text "Vote" 5705)
Kris Allen 1-866-436-5706 (text "Vote" 5706)
Allison Iraheta 1-866-436-5707 (text "Vote" 5707)
Anoop Desai 1-866-436-5708 (text "Vote" 5708)
Jorge Nunez 1-866-436-5709 (text "Vote" 5709)
Megan Joy Corkrey (what is with the Joy" BTW?) 1-866-436-5710 (text "Vote" 5710)
Adam Lambert (Go Adam!!) 1-866-436-5711 (text "Vote" 5711)
Matt Giraud 1-866-436-5712 (text "Vote" 5712)
Alexis Grace 1-886-436-5736 (text "Vote" 5736) - I guess they had to go all the way to 36 to find a free line.

If this order is right, then I'm very happy! The front end seems to be loaded with the pimped ones. America seems to forget those who go first.

Simon tells us that 2 people go home tomorrow. Can I just say what the hell was the reason for picking 13 then? If you knew you were kicking two people off this week, why bother with the 13? Well, I vote for Jasmine and Megan to go home since I don't think they should be there anyway.

This week's theme is Michael Jackson. I can only hope for a "Thriller" group dance tomorrow!! That would be awesome.

Lil Rounds get some pimpage and we get reminded about the tornado. She's doing "The Way You Make Me Feel". The mosh pit in front of the stage is gone and seems to have been replaced by a giant video screen but I'm not too sure. Well, Lil was good but she is just not my cup of tea. I really didn't like the top she was wearing with that huge ruffle on one shoulder. I'm sure the judges will love her. Randy says AGAIN "This is the way we kick off season 8!" How many times is he going to say that? Kara says Lil set the standard high. Paula calls her a force to be reckoned with. Simon was a little but disappointed and he hates what she is wearing. Damn, Simon agrees with me.

Scott MacIntyre's whole family is musical. He is singing "Keep the Faith". I definitely liked that better than Lil. Was it spectacular? No, but it was decent. I think it was MP that said he should wear shades and I think she's right. Scott is hard to watch at times. Kara is glad that we get to see him with his piano. Paula says it's magical. Simon hated the song because no one knew the song. Randy says it felt safe and old fashioned.

Danny Gokey's video package just annoyed me. He's singing "PYT". Darn, I was hoping that Adam would do that. The beginning was terrible! I'm not sure what he was thinking with that. I have to say that I think he rocked the rest of the song. It pains me to say it but I have to call him the best so far. Paula almost cried. Simon thinks the vocals were brilliant however the dancing was hideous. Randy says "when you got it, you just got it." Kara thinks he has joy.

Michael Sarver was an oil rigger, did you know that? He's singing "You're Not Alone". WOW! That was a million times better then what he did in the semi-finals! I will say that I didn't like it enough to buy it tomorrow but he was good. I think he will be safe tonight. Simon says he had passion and heart and gave it 110%. Randy is happy for him. Kara thinks he really can sing and that he did a great job. Paula calls him a regular guy that has talent.

I'm hating Paula top tonight as well. It looks like she has part of chicken tied to her.

I wonder if anyone is going to sing "Ben". Did you see that movie? If you haven't, I'm going to spoil it for you. Ben is a rat! A diseased rat.

Jasmine Murray gets chair time with Ryan and talks about shopping. Jasmine has a cute family. She's singing "I'll Be There". She's a really good singer but there's nothing behind it. Or maybe it's the sing-smiling that I don't like. Randy says she did a pretty good job. Kara thinks she sold it. Paula thinks she had some bright moments and had some under moments as well. Simon calls it a little bit robotic and she needs to start acting her age. Maybe that's why she bugs me.

Kris Allen is married. He is singing "Remember The TIme". I think the first half was way better than the second half but he did really well. The guitar did seem like more of a prop than a part of the music. All of them are doing much better tonight then they did in the semi-finals. Kara says the girls love Kris. Kara like instruments. Paula says that Simon is trying to undress her. She also calls Kris adorable-sexy. Simon calls him likeable and thinks that he should have kept the wife hidden. Randy calls it very cool.

Allison Iraheta sings at a flea market. She is singing "Give It To Me". THAT was awesome! That's my kind of music! I'm getting this one tomorrow. Jasmine needs to take lesson from Allison because that's how you put emotion behind a song. She's my favorite of the night so far! Paula says OMG she's 16!!!! Simon calls it a good performance and we know who she is. Randy says "if you got it, you got it." He's got to get some more lines. Kara tells her to keep being a rocker girl. Yes!!

Is that Brooke White in the DSW commercial?

Anoop Desai in the house!! He's got a new hair cut. He's singing "Beat It". I wanted to love it but I don't think it was a good song choice for him. On a night when everyone brought their A game, Anoop faltered. I also think he messed up a few of the words. Paula thinks it was a bad choice of song and that it sounded Karaoke. Simon thought it was horrible, lightweight and stupid. Randy calls it the wrong choice. Kara thinks it was disconnected. He needs a little bit of help tonight. Maybe VFTW will pick him.

I just tried to check VFTW and it is so busy that the page won't display.

Ryan's mom and grandma are in the house.

Jorge Nunez is from Puerto Rico. Jorge's family is HUGE! He's singing "Never Can Say Goodbye". His eyebrows are still pretty big but I think they're small then the last time we saw them...er, I mean HIM. He can sing but it was boring. I don't think he brought anything new to the table. Randy calls it old fashioned and would have picked a different song. Kara didn't feel the emotion. Paula has mad love for him and asked him why he picked that song. I'm not sure what he said but it doesn't seem like he had much of a choice. Simon calls it corny and old fashioned.

Megan Joy Corkrey and her big tattoo are next up. She is singing "Rockin' Robin". Oh boy. OMG! That was a complete MESS. She "CAW"ed at the end! Her dancing was awful, her singing was bad and she better be out of there tomorrow. I have a feeling that she will be the VFTW pick. That was truly hideous. Kara thinks that she put "her" touch on the song. Paula felt disconnected. Simon called it a stupid song choice and the dancing was ridiculous. Randy calls it a bad song choice. Gordon Ramsey is asked what he thought but he doesn't have a mic so we have no clue what he said.

Adam Lambert has some hot pics floating around the internet (I hope they don't hurt his chances). He is singing "Black and White" This should be good. And it was!!! For the first time tonight, I'm smiling and happy. Until now, I was thinking "Man, I really don't want to blog about this any more." Adam brought me back from the edge! Best performance of the night in my book. Followed by Allison in second place. I don't really care about the rest. Paula tells Adam to take it all in! She babbles on too much for me and she nearly cries. Simon says it was in a totally different league then anything they've seen tonight!!! Randy adds that he is the most current contestant. Kara hopes that MJ is watching tonight. I'm buying this one tomorrow too!

Megan Joy got the VFTW vote.

Matt Giraud looks like his dad. He's singing "Human Nature". I'm not sure if I would have picked that one. He's playing the piano, that might be okay. Too much falsetto for me but he was okay. It's hard to follow Adam. Randy calls it really good. Kara thinks he's talented. Paula is blown away. Simon calls it very good and solid. Compared to the critics for Adam, the judges barely acknowledged Matt.

Alexis Grace has the pimp spot tonight. Her little girl is cute. She's singing "Dirty Diana". I love it! I love her bluesy take on songs and this one is no exception. I think I may have to get this one too. She's got a great looks as well. Great song choice. Kara calls her a naughty girl. Paula tells her to watch her over singing. Simon calls it over the top and not as good as she thinks it was. Randy thought it was good. I don't care what the judges say, I loved it!

Tomorrow night there is a change to the rules but we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

I think Megan and Anoop will be heading home tomorrow but I would really like it to be Megan and Jasmine. Come on America! Give Anoop another chance!

What did you think?














This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Anonymous  

I think the twist tomorrow is that the judges decide who goes home from among the lowest vote-getters. They're basically doing everything they can to get the results they want this year and leave us out of the process. I didn't even vote because I don't think it'll matter anymore.

Alexis made me want to poke my eyes and eardrums out.

Anonymous  

don't quit blogging! i like reading all the different blogs. it's like a virtual water cooler!