Who's a little bit country?  

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone! I actually did a report on St. Patrick in college but can't remember anything interesting to tell you...sorry!

As many of you may already know, tonight is Grand Ole Opry night on Idol. Unless Anoop pulls something fantastic out of his butt, he'll be going home tomorrow. We also know that Danny, Lil, Scott and Adam have nothing to worry about this stage of the game. That leaves everyone else fighting to stay in the Mansion. This should be interesting!!

Oh hell! They're introducing the judges the same way they did last time. Okay, that's already old. Ryan wishing everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day and then says something that everyone in the viewing audience already knows "After a few pint, this show might REALLY get good tonight." Most of us have already had a few pints, Ryan.

Randy Travis in the house! I saw him in concert a few years ago and he was still pretty good. He thinks the kids are a strong group.

They are messing with me tonight by not introducing the kids and just heading right into Michael. I'll have to post the names and numbers below when I get them.

Michael Sarver - 1-866-436-5701 (text "Vote" 5701)
Allison Iraheta - 1-866-436-5702 (text "Vote" 5702)
Kris Allen - 1-866-436-5703 (text "Vote" 5703)
Lil Rounds - 1-866-436-5704 (text "Vote" 5704)
Adam Lambert (Go Adam!!) 1-866-436-5705 (text "Vote" 5705)
Lil Rounds - 1-866-436-5701 (text "Vote" 5701)
Scott MacIntyre - 1-866-436-5706 (text "Vote" 5706)
Alexis Grace 1-866-436-5707 (text "Vote" 5707)
Danny Gokey 1-866-436-5708 (text "Vote" 5708)
Anoop Desai 1-866-436-5709 (text "Vote" 5709)
Megan Joy Corkrey 1-866-436-5710 (text "Vote" 5710)
Matt Giraud 1-866-436-5711 (text "Vote" 5711)

Michael - Ain't going down till the sun comes up
Michael is taking on a VERY fast song. I sang this once at Karaoke on a dare and could barely breath afterwards. It was not a good choice for him. Its a fast song, full of energy and Michael seemed to be in slow motion. I've seen Garth do this in concert and he is all over the stage and back many times. Michael barely makes it out to the audience and back before the songs over. He also messed up the lyrics in a few spots. He is in trouble. Randy calls it a fun song choice but said it didn't do anything vocally. Kara says we got to see a lot of his personality but she misses the big notes from him. Michael says country is about having fun. Yes, Michael, it is but you just didn't seem to be having it fast enough. Paula thinks he made us have fun. Boy, they are really pumping him up. Simon says it should have been good but he couldn't understand a single word. He calls it clumsy and Karaoke. Simon has it right.

Allison - Blame it on your heart
Randy thinks that Allison will do a good job any just about anything she wants to sing but thinks she shouldn't dance. I concur! Well, she didn't do the stupid dance move which was good. I really like her but I didn't love her doing this song. I think she sounded better in the video package. The audience seems to love it. Kara thinks she could sing the alphabet and she's getting better and better. Paula calls it rock solid and babbles for a bit. Simon calls it good. Randy thought it was dope.

Kris - To make you feel my love
Another Garth song. And I thought it was going to be a Carrie Underwood night. He impressed Randy. He was okay. Nothing to exciting. I think I would have liked it more if he skipped the falsetto at the end. Paula says she was pleasantly surprised. Simon thought it was terrific. WOW! High praise from Simon. Randy says he took a chance and it paid off with tender moments. Kara didn't even think it was country.

Lil - Independence Day
She gets some chair time with Ryan. She is wearing a dinner napkin dress. Randy says "She has big pipes on the top end." BAWWAHAHA!! That was funny! Get it...Big Pipes! LOL! I said it before and I'll say it again, Lil can sing but she's just not my cup of tea. I will say that she seemed a half a beat behind in the beginning and there was no need for that run at the end. I'm sure she's safe for a while. Randy says it didn't feel comfortable. Kara doesn't call it her best. Paula likes her dress. Simon calls her little over and over again. He says it seemed like she was forced to sing the song. Lil talks way too much.

Adam - Ring of Fire
Johnny Cash rocks! I read a spoiler that said this was really good. Adam get to chat with Ryan too. Adam scares Randy. I think I'm going to need a minute after that. Word escape me. It was definitely all Adam and no Grand Old Opry. Some of the notes he hit were amazing. I do think that this may have actually been too way over the top. I'm going to watch it again real quick. WOW!!! I don't think Idol has EVER seen anyone even remotely close to Adam. He is one of a kind. Kara calls it a little strange but she liked it. It left her confused and sort of happy. THAT'S IT! Confused and happy! Paula thinks he is true to who he is as an artist. Simon says "What the hell was that?" and calls it rubbish. Randy calls it current, young, fresh and hot. Adam has no plans to go to Nashville. Randy is still speechless.

Scott - Wild Angels
Scott impressed Randy. Oh look, he's playing the piano again. It was another "Up with People" song for Scott complete with yucky falsetto. Beckeye is right, if he wasn't blind, he wouldn't be here. I think she said something like that. Paula calls it impressive and lovely.

Wait!! The bagpipers are coming by my apartment again. This is the third time I've heard and seen them tonight. I don't remember this happening last year. It's awesome!

Simon calls Paula stupid. Simon thinks that Scott's song choices are the same each week. Randy is looking for hot vocals. Kara wants Scott to WOW us. I just want him to wear sunglasses.

Alexis - Jolene
Alexis is doing Dolly! Randy thinks Dolly would be proud. She does kind of look like Dolly. She's Dolly's mini-me!! I'm not that thrilled with what she just did. She changed the song just enough to annoy and not enough to make it her own. I'm disappointed with her tonight. Randy says it had a bunch of pitch problems. Kara thinks she lost her edge. Paula thinks she told a story. Simon thought it was okay and forgettable. All the dirty talk is getting old too.

Danny - Jesus, take the wheel
Randy made Danny nervous. Well, I still don't like him. I don't know what he needs to do to wipe away the smarmy that I feel when I look at him but that wasn't it. It was a good vocal. I know many people loved it but not me. To me, he is this year's David Archeletta...the chosen one. I'm sure the judges will love it. Kara didn't like the front half. Paula thinks he built a story. Simon doesn't like his outfit. Randy wants him to support the verses better.

Anoop - Always on my mind
How tall is Anoop? Randy calls it Anoop's best. Yay for Anoop for resisting the urge to do falsetto at the end. I thought for sure it was coming. He did an excellent job. Will I buy the song tomorrow? No, but then I think I'm only getting Adam's song tomorrow. Everything tonight had been too much like the original for me to part with 99cents. Paula says Anoop is back. They need to cut Paula off. She is babbling way too much tonight. Simon says he went from zero to hero and calls it one of his favorites of the night. Randy says something and Kara calls it the best of the night. Who knew?!?! I had to change the title of the blog.

Megan - Walking after midnight
She's in the same spot she was last week. She is the VFTW pick still. Let's hope she earns the honor tonight as well as she did last week. Do you think we'll get another "CAW" at the end?? Can I just say WOW!! That dress accentuates the twins! Lordy mama! That was very odd and different but I don't think in a good way. The phrasing was off and not enojyable. Randy was impressed and calls it a perfect choice. Kara says perfect song and perfect outfit. Megan has the flu. Paula calls her a fighter. Simon thinks she should have the flu every week.

Matt - So Small
Another Carrie Underwood song. He was kind of hard to understand at times. "Sucked" instead of "Shut" for example. It was just alright for me. The audience seemed to love it or maybe they're just happy he's the last one...I know I am. Man, it was a long night! Kara says there's nothing small about him and calls him amazing. Paula says he pierced her heart. Simon thinks Matt out sang Danny. Randy calls it his favorite of the night.

Well, that's it. I think Michael (not Matt), Allison and Megan are in trouble. What do you think?




This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I think Michael will probably be going home. On top of having to lead off (the kiss of death), on a night that was his for the taking, he stumbled with a song that didn't do his voice justice.

Anonymous  

I thought Allison was the best of the night. If she goes home after that the world just isn't fair.

I predicted on my blog that Alexis would be the lowest vote-getter and the judges would have to use the save earlier than they expected. I could see Michael going too though. I wouldn't miss either one very much.

I agree that Lil talks too much. It seemed like her segment went on forever.