Thematic Photo  

This week's theme is "Night". I had a lot of night pics ready to go but I thought I had been over using pics of Vegas and Apple Blossom so I wanted to take some new ones. As Carmi said, night pics are hard. These were all taken downtown while I was walking back from Poker on Thursday night. People were looking at me strange while I used trashcans and a parking meter to steady the shots. It didn't completely work but a few of them turned out pretty good.

This one is of the Obama Office in town. Boring.



But this is the first one I took. I love what happened to the lights!



This was the first one I took on the walking mall. This is when I started using the trashcans. I like the glowy effect on the street lights.



This is in the other direction. I like the tiny tree with it's tiny leaves set against the blackness of the night sky.



These are the last two that I took almost directly across from the entrance to our building. The town had been working on getting the lights in the trees working all week and these show them well.





You got any favorite night shots?

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

I don't have many night shots myself... I really should get out and practice. Although, the village is a bit dark and creepy at night!

We may not agree politically, but your photos were GREAT :)

It's like there should have been a movie to go along with the street shots :)

Fantastic photos!

I love the way you used light and reflection in these photos. Very nice choices for the theme this week.

These are terrific. Especially like the 2nd one! Great choices for the "night" theme.