Top 10 Dancers - kinda  

As most of you now by now, Jessica broke a few ribs and can't dance for at least four weeks. In other words, she's out and Comfort is back in. Jessica will still be going on tour but will not win. I KNEW the judges really wanted Comfort in the top 10! I voted for Jessica to leave last week and, as it turns out, she did. Will I get my Office Pools Points? NO! That's okay, I'm not going to win the darn thing anyway.

Cat's outfit is kinda nice but it is a little bit bunchy in the tummy area. It kinda makes her look pregnant. Could she be? Maybe Jessica was right!

They left Comfort/Jessica out of the intro line-up. Interesting.

Jessica comes out and says "I broke two ribs and fractured one." I know it's been a long time since I had vocabulary but isn't "broke" and "fractured" the same thing?


When she was leaving, Cat called her brave. What the hell is brave about having broken ribs and resting to let them heal?

Lil'C is the guest judge so NO KRUMPING! Awesome!!!

Remember kids, there are all new pairs this week and from here on out. I'm excited to find out who swims and who sinks!

Pair: Courtney Galiano & Joshua Allen
Style: Hip Hop

Choreographer(s):
Dave Scott
Background Nugget: Courtney has never popped. Joshua loves Dave Scott. I'm just glad Dave has a normal name.
Song: Skippin' by Mario
Thoughts: It's Frankenstein based! Nice! This was awesome!! There were so many good things about it and nothing bad. What an awesome start to the show!
Note Worthy Move: This ricochet head bang thing along with the entire rest of the dance!

Judges: Lil'C says Joshua and Courtney did good and they added character. Mary it was a lot of fun and it was tremendous. Nigel calls Joshua "Dr. Spankenstein" har-har. He then slams Courtney. Bully!

Solo: Chelsie Hightower
Style: Ballroom

Song: Pon de Replay by Rihanna
Thoughts:
Pretty standard solo for a Ballroom dancer with the exception of the brief floor work.
Number: 1-888-83676-01


commercial

Pair: Kherington Payne & Mark Kanemura
Style: Two-step (oh boy!)

Choreographer(s):
Ronnie and Brandi
Background Nugget: Brandi has a bun in the oven. Two-step looks hard.
Song: Kick Back by Ty England (TONS of steal guitar)
Thoughts:
OMG! That was HORRIBLE! Mark looked so gay! It looked like on of them was off the entire time and it was not fun to watch.
Note Worthy Move:
Too horrible for anything to be considered note worthy. (And I just realized that I've had "Note Worth" and not "Note Worthy" this entire time!!! I'm very embarrassed! I got to change that right now!)
Judges: Lil'C says the missed move bled onto the skin of the dance floor. Mary compares the Two-step to the Quick Step. She blames it all on Kherrington. Nigel blames Kherrington as well.

Solo: Gev Manoukian
Style: Hip Hop

Song: Hello/Goodbye (Uncool) by Lupe Fiasco Feat. Unkle
Thoughts:
Had some awesome moves! Took his shirt off during his dance. Cool!
Number: 1-888-83676-02


commercial

Pair: Comfort Fedoke & Twitch
Style: Smooth Waltz

Choreographer(s):
Hunter Johnson
Background Nugget: Funny line: Give me your butt.
Song: Open Arms by Journey (this is one of those songs that anyone who grew up in the 80's knows in the first two notes..."Oh god!" was my first reaction.)
Thoughts: Well, it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of waltzing in that Waltz. There was a lot of turning and lifting and kicking but not much Waltzing.
Note Worthy Move: HUGE lift with Comfort sitting on Twitch's hand all the way up in the air.

Judges: Lil'C tells them to be the routine and calls it respectable. Mary says it's lacking power and the rise and the fall wasn't there. "It really didn't work." Nigel says it wasn't strong enough for a top ten dancer.

commercial

Solo: Courtney Galiano
Style: Contemporary

Song: I Want You To Need Me by Celine Dion (YUCK)
Thoughts:
Pretty good. I think she can jump as high as she is tall!
Number: 1-888-83676-03


Pair: Katee Shean & William Wingfield
Style:
Broadway
Choreographer(s):
Tyce DiOrio...again
Background Nugget: Tyce likes these two together.
Song:
Sit Down You're Rockin' The Boat from Guys and Dolls
Thoughts: Okay. I don't like Tyce and I don't like Will. What are the chances that I'll like this routine? Slim to none! And I would have won! I didn't like it. They used a boat because "Boat" was in the title of the song. I'm pretty sure that "Rockin' the Boat" doesn't mean that you're REALLY rocking a boat. I also hated the end when Will ripped open his shirt. It's almost like they did that so people could see his bare chest and vote for him based on his washboard abs. Katee didn't seems as good as she was with Joshua. I'm sure the judges will love it. (Dimitry in the house!!)
Note Worthy Move:
They used a boat. After all, "Boat" was in the title.
Judges: Lil'C loved it. Mary loved it. Nigel loved it.
I was really only half listen to the judges until Nigel says that they are the first couple tonight to dance like they should be in the top ten. WHAT?!?! Did you forget about Courtney and Joshua?! I hate Nigel tonight.

commercial

Solo: Mark Kanemura
Style: Contemporary
...I think
Song: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Thoughts:
I love Mark! He's pretty funny but he's really turning on the gay tonight. Or maybe it's just me.
Number: 1-888-83676-04


Pair: Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian
Style:
Contemporary
Choreographer(s):
Sonya Tyaeh (Mohawk chick)
Song: These Arms of Mine by Otis Redding
Thoughts:
It was hot in spots but no where near as hot as in Johnny's room!! Awesome movie that Dirty Dancing. I think they could have put just a touch of dirty dancing into it and it would have been awesome.
Note Worthy Move:
Gev with his triple leaps.
Judges: Lil'C thinks they committed to the dance. Mary believed it. Nigel felt it too but thought Gev may have had Courtney on his mind.


Solo: Comfort Fedoke
Style: Hip Hop

Song: Need A Boss by Shareefa Feat. Ludacris
Thoughts:
Good but not good enough to keep her in another week. That's gotta suck getting voted out two weeks in a row.
Number: 1-888-83676-05


commercial

Solo: Twitch
Style: Hip Hop

Song: I Question Mark by Wade Robson (THE Wade Robson???)
Thoughts:
He's good!
Number: 1-888-83676-06


Pair: Courtney Galiano & Joshua Allen
Style: Rumba

Choreographer(s):
Jean-Marc Genereux
Background Nugget: Rumba is the dance of love.
Song: Hero by Enrique Iglesias
Thoughts: Gev is really jealous now! That was hot! They looked really good the entire time except....
Note Worthy Move: the crotch-to-face lift was too funny! Courtney better have good hygiene! Just sayin'.

Judges: Lil'C says he might need his asthma pump. He says they took his breath away. Mary talks about the Rumba and says they got it! Calls the whole thing fantastic. Nigel thanks Joshua for keeping his shirt on. Joshua then makes a FUNNY comment about Twitch and Will being naked all the time.

commercial

Solo: Katee Shean
Style: Contemporary

Song: This Woman's Work by Maxwell (MTV Unplugged)
Thoughts:
Very nice!!!
Number: 1-888-83676-07


Pair: Kherington Payne & Mark Kanemura
Style: Jazz

Choreographer(s):
Tyce *sigh*
Background Nugget: No story.
Song: Canned Heat by Jamiroquai
Thoughts:
Poor Mark. I feel bad for him. If I liked Kherrington more, I'd feel bad for her too. I just don't understand how the judges praise Tyce every time. This wasn't as bad as his contemporary but it was still pretty bad. Maybe it was just the Disco sounding music.
Note Worthy Move:
Not a damn thing.
Judges: Lil'C says it was a good routine and that they nailed the turns. Mary isn't jumping out of her seat and she wanted more. Nigel calls it a driving test. They checked off the boxes but didn't put anything behind it.

commercial

Solo: William Wingfield
Style: Contemporary
Song: Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross
Thoughts:
It was okay. Nothing took my breath away. He was, however wearing a shirt.
Number: 1-888-83676-08


Pair: Comfort Fedoke & Twitch
Style: Hip Hop

Choreographer(s):
Dave Scott
Background Nugget: They should kill this.
Song: Forever by Chris Brown
Thoughts: Twich killed it but I don't think Comfort is as good as she thinks she is. This should have been tops of the night but it didn't beat Courtney and Joshua's Hip Hop.
Note Worthy Move: the ending...not sure how to describe it.

Judges: Lil'C calls it buck. He defines buck but I don't really care. Mary calls it buck too and then admits that it doesn't sound right coming out of her mouth. She bows to Twitch. Nigel says it looks like they were dancing for the joy of it. He says Comfort did a great job.

commercial

Solo: Kherington Payne
Style: Contemporary
...I think
Song: Breakin' Dishes by Rihanna
Thoughts:
She seemed tired...wonder why?
Number: 1-888-83676-09


Pair: Katee Shean & William Wingfield
Style:
Pas de Deux
Choreographer(s):
Desmond Richardson & Dwight Rhoden
Background Nugget: Non-traditional Ballet?
Song:
Imagine by DAVID ARCHULETA! Who picked THAT song?
Thoughts: Guess what? Will is shirtless...again. It was different. I think I'm going to have to see that dance performed a few more times until I get it.
Note Worthy Move:
Will did tons of spins.
Judges: Lil'C loved it. Mary loved it. Nigel loved it and pours it on way too much for me.


commercial

Solo: Joshua Allen
Style: Hip Hop

Song: Jam by Michael Jackson
Thoughts:
Best solo of the night.
Number: 1-888-83676-10


Pair: Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian
Style:
Jive
Choreographer(s):
Jean-Marc Genereux
Song: The House Is A Rockin' by Brian Setzer
Thoughts:
I loved it! I didn't take over first place but it came close.
Note Worthy Move:
It was so fast, it's hard to pick out one great move.
Judges: Lil'C thinks Chelsie outstepped Gev. Mary thought they did a terrific job and they have a great partnership. Nigel thinks it was entertaining and that the energy level was there. All three thought Chelsie stole the show.


Comfort should be going home but she did very well in the Hip Hop. Kherrington might find herself in trouble. As far as the guys go, I think one of my favorites might be going home and it might be Mark. I hate to say it but he didn't do very well tonight. I would LOVE to see Will go home but I don't think that will happen.

I hope they don't do solos every week from now on.

Top:
Courtney Galiano & Joshua Allen - Hip Hop

Really Good:
Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian - Jive
Courtney Galiano & Joshua Allen - Rumba

Good:
Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian - Contemporary
Comfort Fedoke & Thayne Jasperson - Hip Hop
Katee Shean & William Wingfield - Pas de Deux

Not so good:

Katee Shean & William Wingfield - Broadway
Kherington Payne & Mark Kanemura - Jazz

Down Right Awful:
Kherington Payne & Mark Kanemura - Two-Step
Comfort Fedoke & Twitch - Smooth Waltz

Who are your picks?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

See this is why I need your blog... I missed the first half of the show and had no idea why Comfort was back. Did they say how she broke her ribs? You know I used to be a country line dance instructor for years and I absolutely HATED that two-step performance last night. How can you mess it up that bad when half-drunk rednecks can get it right?

I don't think I've ever read a more thorough and downright fun assessment of this show. My wife's addicted to it, so I've been watching it alongside her - usually after we put the kids to bed. I sit on the couch and tap away on whatever I'm writing on my laptop.

It's a nice, quiet slice of the evening, and you've just added a totally cool dimension to it. Thanks!

Wanted to let you know I've posted the new Thematic Photographic theme for this week. This time out, it's all about animals. Hope you'll chime in with an entry or link of your own. It's always good to have you drop in!

I'm not a huge fan of Kherrington's so I'm not totally sad to see her go, but I think they kind of threw her under the bus. And that routine that Tyce did for her and Mark? Was he trying to make them be in the bottom 3?? Everyone knows Mark's strong suit is his "acting" so Tyce comes up with a routine that has no story??

I feel the same way about Comfort - the judges have been pimping her from the beginning and really want her in for some reason. I wouldn't doubt that Nigel broke Jessica's ribs himself! And I knew that even though she was in the bottom 2 AGAIN, that they wouldn't get rid of her after she just came back. Kherrington was kind of the sacrificial lamb.

Comfort is the weakest dancer there. Her hip hop routine this week with Twitch WAS the bomb (or buck, whatever) but that's her style! Any time she's challenged she always falls short. She's nowhere near the talent and versatility of someone like Chelsie.