On my mind - "V" redux  


I did a post a few days ago about "V" coming back. In my excitement, I didn't REALLY read the article, I only skimmed it. After receiving a few comments that didn't jive with what I was thinking, I went back and read the article. I'll be damned if I'm not disappointed! I wanted it to be on the SciFi channel and getting the Battlestar Galactica Treatment. I didn't want a major network to get their grubby hands on it and suck the life out of it but that's the way this thing is going. And just how if the hell are they going to change the Visitors using us for food to fit with some 9/11 theme? Isn't it still to close to 9/11 to be using that as a theme for a TV show anyway?

On a more fun note, I'll be joining my Aunt Shelley in a Hemp Knotting Class this evening! I'm looking forward to it. I used to make Hemp stuff but got out of it and lost the book. I also was never really good at adding beads and finishing the pieces off. I'm hoping to learn that stuff tonight. Wish me luck!

BTW, the Marc Singer Official Web Site is pretty lame BUT you can get the above delightfully cheesy picture signed and personalized for only $22.00!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Anonymous  

First, love the new digs (or is that duds) I think this theme suits you better.

Second, i don't know that ABC vs Sci-Fi Channel will have much impact. Maybe less expensive but it could still be decent.

Oh let's face it, you're right about it going to suck eggs - rotten ones at that.

Anonymous  

P.S. If you're going to leave comments on my site, you're going to need to get a gravatar (all the cool kids are doing it).

Maybe a nice Marc Singer icon? Anything's better than the dead fish I use as a default gravatar. :)

I like the new layout too. Are there pictures of your hemp knotting creation too? I think you did a great job with your beading necklace! Where is this new store anyway? I know you said downtown but just wondering what it previously housed (you know I live in the past when it comes to the downtown stores. I still refer to the old arcade and Seamsrite!)