Double the Dancing, Double the Fun!  

I just found out that my husband will be coming home early tonight. Normally that's a really good thing but not on Dance night! He's going to make fun of everything...turd!

BTW - not a big winner.

Anyway, on with the show!

I'm not sure what in the hell Cat is wearing tonight! If it was red, I would have thought she was going for the naughty elf look.

The only thing that makes me dislike a person faster than if they talk about themselves in the third person (Celine Dion, I'm looking at you) is if they wear a shirt with their name on it...and point it out. This is at least the third time that Will has done that. That's okay, I don't really like him any way.

NappyTabs is/are the guest judge(s) tonight.

I'm skipping the background nugget tonight since they really aren't going to have anything. 14 dances in two hours!!!

Pair: Jessica King & William Wingfield
Style:
Jive
Choreographer(s):
Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin
Song: Choo Choo Ch'Boogie from Five Guys Named Moe
Thoughts: Guess what, I didn't like it. I think Jessica is holding Will back. She seemed to make a ton of mistake tonight. They may be in danger tonight since this dance sucked and they are first.
Note Worth Move:
They did a cool thing where Jessica went on Will's back and then curled up in between his legs and ended standing up. That made my jaw drop for a second.
Judges: Let's see how the pimping goes. Tab decides to relive the past. Nappy liked the cool lift too. Mary doesn't pimp them and says they missed a lot of stuff. Nigel liked Will's bounce but didn't like Jessica's. They want Jessica to go away.
Number: 1-888-83676-01


commercial

Pair: Comfort Fedoke & Thayne Jasperson
Style: Broadway

Choreographer(s):
Andy Blankenbuehler
Song:
Cool by Bernstein and Sondheim
Thoughts: Can I just say that I LOVED it! I thought I didn't like Broadway, turns out I just don't like Tyce doing Broadway. This Andy dude is awesome. I thought it was hot and sexy. It seemed to suit Thayne better but Comfort held her own and look hot as well!
Note Worth Move: They did this under-the-arm-with-the-leg-and-back move that was very sexy and fluid and hot.

Judges: Tab thinks it's a good match and was loving it. Nappy liked to move I liked too...again! Mary enjoyed it and is proud of Comfort. Nigel says it wasn't good enough. BOO!!!!
Number: 1-888-83676-02

Pair: Kourtni Lind & Matt Dorame
Style: Hip Hop
Choreographer(s):
Cecily & Olisa
Song: How Do I Breathe by Mario
Thoughts: They don't want Jessica gone, they want Matt and Kourtni gone. I mean Hip Hop?!? Come on! If they were going to have them do Hip Hop, they could have at least given them a fighting chance and had NappyTabs do it. I'm not sure what Cecily and Olisa have done besides this show but they should stick to that. That sucked.
Note Worth Move: everything was boring and seemed too slow
Judges: Tab tries to be nice. Nappy says it's not good enough. Mary doesn't think it happened. Nigel doesn't know if it's the choreography or the dancers but he didn't like it.
Number: 1-888-83676-03

commercial

Pair: Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura
Style:
Jazz
Choreographer(s):
Mandy Moore
Song:
Kiss Kiss by Holly Vance

Thoughts:
That was great! I loved it because I love them and Mandy Moore. It was a fun routine and I'll be adding that song to my iTunes tomorrow! Mark gets hotter every show.
Note Worth Move:
Quick hand moves and lots of kissing.
Judges: Tab says they are able to tell whatever story they are given and Nappy agrees. Mary screams and says she just loved it! Nigel says it just worked and that they had a connection and calls them magic together. I agree!
Number: 1-888-83676-04

Pair: Kherington Payne & Twitch
Style: Paso Doble

Choreographer(s): Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin
Song: Malaguena
by Brian Setzer
Thoughts: I thought it was pretty good at first and then I thought I was just getting caught up in the music and the lighting. I don't know. They have plenty of fans and will not be in the bottom three.
Note Worth Move:
Kherrington was on Twitch's shoulders...again.
Judges: Nappy and Tab both think Twitch came into character half way through but Kherrington had it all the way. Mary calls it full of passion but just okay. Nigel was entertained but doesn't think Twitch held up his end.
Number: 1-888-83676-05

commercial

Pair: Katee Shean & Joshua Allen
Style: Contemporary

Choreographer(s):
Mia Michaels
Song:
Hometown Glory by Adale
Thoughts:
Contemporary sometimes confuses me and this was one of those times. It seems like it should have been sad but it didn't make me sad. I watched it twice and thought that Katee was better but that Joshua held his own.
Note Worth Move: Still unsure about this one.
Judges: Tab says they owned it. Nappy says it told a great story and loved the assisted run. Mary says they haven't messed up one time. Nigel says it was fancy and history making.
Number: 1-888-83676-06


Pair: Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian
Style: Hip Hop

Choreographer(s):
Cecily & Olisa
Song: Lights, Camera, Action! by Mr. Cheeks
Thoughts: The rumors were true and Courtney did a better job then Gev. I still like these two and will still be voting for them but I hope they do better on their next dance.
Note Worth Move: Courtney had some sick poppin' at the end...or it could have been lockin'...or maybe even breakin'
. I don't know but I liked it.
Judges: Nappy calls Courtney ghetto and doesn't think Gev kept up with her. Tab calls some of the move bouncy. Mary is feeling it 50-50. She doesn't think Gev hit it hard enough and that Courtney killed it. Nigel calls it fun and funky but not really hip hop. I think it was the crappy choreography. I can't believe I'm about to say this...they should bring Dan Karaty back.
Number: 1-888-83676-07


commercial

Pair: Jessica King & William Wingfield
Style:
Lyrical Jazz
Choreographer(s): Mandy Moore

Song: Alone by Heart
Thoughts: This was better then their first dance. I would have preferred a little more mystery to whether or not the couple was going to have sex but that might be just me. I'm sure plenty of people will vote for them just because Will was shirtless.
Note Worth Move:
They did a lot of things with a shirt.
Judges: Tab tells Will to keep his shirt off. Nappy tells Will he can fly to the top of the competition. Jessica gets smashed again. Mary calls it fire and screams. Mary missed the memo about bashing Jessica and instead, puts them on the Hot Tamale Train. Nigel continues with the pimping of Will and the bashing of Jessica.
Number: 1-888-83676-01


Pair: Comfort Fedoke & Thayne Jasperson
Style: Smooth Waltz

Choreographer(s):
Edward Simon (new dude)
Song:
Hov Arek Sare Jan by New Age Armenia
Thoughts: This was great as well, actually better then the fist dance IMO. I bought the story hook line and sinker. I didn't cry at the end but I did get a little misty.
Note Worth Move: Comfort was on his shoulders while he was turning. Then he lifted her above his head and continued to turn. He THEN brought her down and held her while he continued to turn.

Judges: Nappy says he really enjoyed it. Tab says Comfort looked like an angel. Mary loved it. Nigel loved the lift too.
Number: 1-888-83676-02

commercial

Pair:
Kourtni Lind & Matt Dorame
Style: Mambo
Choreographer(s):
Alex de Silva
Song: Ban-Con-Tim by Super All-Star
Thoughts: They really want Matt and Kourtni gone. Did you see that long lift? Kourtni isn't big by any one's definition but she's not 5 foot nothing and 80 pounds. It was better then the hip hop but they are in trouble which sucks!
Note Worth Move: way too long of a lift at the beginning.
Judges: Tab tries to be nice again. Nappy says it was too smiley. Mary calls Kourtni hot but Matt not. Nigel says it has to be stronger and then yells at the audience for booing.
Number: 1-888-83676-03

Pair: Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura
Style: Foxtrot

Choreographer(s):
Edward Simon
Song:
It's My Life by Paul Anka
(cover of Bon Jovi song)
Thoughts:
It started out kinda of boring but it really picked up at the end with all the lift and the final set of moves was amazing. They're safe. Also, I love quirky covers and I'll be adding that song to my iTunes tomorrow too!
Note Worth Move:
she flipped over top of him.
Judges: Tab points out that Chelsie had a feather in her mouth for quite a bit of the routine and she didn't let it affect her. They showed a close-up and it was hysterical! Nappy says they loove like they love to dance and love to dance with each other. Mary says they pulled it off and calls it classy. Nigel didn't think Mark was very good. Mary then yells at Nigel...a lot.
Number: 1-888-83676-04

Pair:
Kherington Payne & Twitch
Style: Contempory

Choreographer(s): Mia Michaels
Song: Dreaming With A Broken Heart
by John Mayer
Thoughts: I'm misty again. That was pretty good. In fact, I'd call it the best of the night. One thing, too many roses.
Note Worth Move:
used a bed...and too many roses.
Judges: Tab calls it awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome! Nappy says it had so many amazing moments. Mary screams and says Mia out did herself. Nigel made me laugh!!
Number: 1-888-83676-05

commercial

Pair: Katee Shean & Joshua Allen
Style: West Coast Swing

Choreographer(s):
Benji Schwimmer, Lacey Schwimmer and Patty (I didn't find a website for Patty)
Song:
Shake It by Brother Yusef
Thoughts:
That kinda sucked. The music was too slow and there wasn't enough energy. They missed some moves too.
Note Worth Move: she hip bumped him across the stage.
Judges: Tab says that Katee was great. Nappy calls Joshua a giant peppermint. Mary enjoyed it. Nigel says they adapted to the style. And so the pimping of Joshua continues.
Number: 1-888-83676-06


Pair: Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian
Style: Broadway

Choreographer(s):
Andy Blankenbuehler
Song: New York, New York by Bernstein, Comden and Green
Thoughts: That wasn't too bad but not as good as the first Broadway routine tonight. I thin they wil be safe anyway.
Note Worth Move: cute fall at the end
.
Judges: Tab believed them. Nappy says Gev found his nitche. Mary thought it was great and strong and believe. Nigel cals them tiny underdogs and says that this style is perfect for them...the tiny people.
Number: 1-888-83676-07


Another great show. They really want Jessica, Kourtni and Matt gone.

Top:
Kherington Payne & Twitch - Contemporary

Really Good:
Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - Jazz
Katee and Joshua - Contemporary
Comfort Fedoke & Thayne Jasperson - Smooth Waltz
Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - Foxtrot

Good:

Kherington Payne & Twitch - Paso
Comfort Fedoke & Thayne Jasperson - Broadway
Jessica King & William Wingfield - Lyrical Jazz
Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - Hip Hop

Not so good:

Jessica King & William Wingfield - Jive
Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - Hip Hop
Katee and Joshua - West Coast Swing

Down Right Awful:
Kourtni Lind & Matt Dorame - Hip Hop

I think it will be Matt and Kourtni going home tomorrow. BOO!!!!

Who are your picks?



This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Hey girl, don't you be moving in on my man, Mark! :)

I was sad to see Kourtni go, and I do think the judges screwed her over. That routine was awful and it wasn't all her fault. Both routines that Cecily & Olisa came up were SO boring.