The Grill

First of all I would like to ask all of you if you would ever touch someone else’s food? Working in the food service industry does not count. Let me tell you what just happened. I ordered a sandwich from the Grill down the block and went in to pick it up. Phyllis (the lady that runs the place) put my order on the counter and turned to ring it up. As soon as she put it down, the girl seating in the seat next to me TOUCHED MY SANDWICH! It was wrapped but still why in the HELL would someone do that? Once Phyllis told my the total, I pointed at the sandwich and asked if that was mine. Phyllis AND the girl said yes. I said “Well, I was just wondering why you would touch my sandwich?” She just sat there. I still can’t believe that someone would touch my food!

Here’s more on the Grill!

I work in an old downtown area where the choices for food are limited and pricey. There is a small dinner (the Grill) a few doors down that is one of the cheapest place downtown (the other is a place is lovingly called the Smelly Deli). About a year and a half ago the Smelly Deli burned and the Grill became the only cheap place for food. I hardly ever had a problem that I can remember during that time. I think they might have put sausage on one of my sandwiches when I didn’t order it but that’s about it.

Well, the Smelly reopened about 3-4 months ago and I have been going there the most simply because it has healthier food choices. You can still get things that are fried and covered with gravy but you can also get fresh fruit and salads. I think the people at the Grill are mad that I’m not coming in as much as I used to. You wouldn’t think one customer would matter that much but I don’t think I’m the only one who has defected. I used to eat breakfast and lunch from the Grill everyday. Now, there are weeks that go by that I get nothing from them. I’m also in the process of changing my eating habits and the Grill doesn’t really fit into my diet that well.

I tried ordering something new from them one day and I don’t think I’ll be doing that again. I ordered 1 scrambled egg and one piece of wheat toast plain. I went to get it and there was a big glob of butter on the toast. I told them I asked for it plain and they said that I should have asked for it dry. The next time I ordered it dry they fixed white toast. I tried again, butter again. I decided that it just wasn’t in their nature to make a small breakfast. You should see the two huge pancakes you can get for $2.25! They weigh at least 2 pounds each!

Gotta get back to work!

-Kristi

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments