My Knee and It’s Trip to NC

Last week I had a BAD fall and hunt my knee. I was sorting my AVON order and got tangled in one of the shipping straps used to secure the boxes. I fell, hit my knee on an AVON box, hit my wrist and arm on the coffee table knocking everything off of it, and lightly hit my jaw. I laid on the floor for 10 minutes! The pain was so bad that I thought I was going to puke! Well, I didn’t. I got up, put some frozen peas on my knee and resumed my activities. It hurt BAD! Anyway, I didn’t go to the doctor because I could walk on it. Going downstairs is still painful as is walking but not as bad.

This weekend Mike and I along with his son (Brandon) and mother (Kathleen), went to North Carolina to see Mike’s daughter Melissa graduate from High School. It was a long trip in the car made longer by my bum knee. We took Kathleen’s car which is an older Rivera. A nice enough car unless you have to get in and out of the back seat. I was lucking on the way down and either sat in the front or drove. On the way back, I had to get my fat ass and bum knee in the back seat. It was fine once I got in but getting to that point was VERY painful.

Anyway, the graduation went fine but we didn’t get to see too much of Melissa. Kathleen wasn’t feeling well and we had to stick to the hotel most of the time. Raleigh seemed like a nice town. Some parts of it reminded me of South Dakota and made me miss home. I wish Mike and I had moved there last year. I would have loved it.

Back to my damn knee! The thing is still hurting and the scab is still forming. The pain is mostly behind my knee now. I hope it goes away soon!

Another new development happened yesterday, one of the ladies from the bank saw me and asked what I did to my ankle. I didn’t think too much about it and said it must be fall out from my fall last week. When I got to my car, I took a good look at it. It was HUGE!!! I don’t know what happened! I did get a bug bit when I was in NC on my foot but that’s the only thing I could think of that happened. I talked to my step-mom (Cathy Ann) and she thought it might be an allergic reaction. I went home, took some Benedryl and iced my ankle. This morning the swelling was almost gone on the outside and about half way down on the inside but I now have a huge bruise on the inside of my foot. I’m not sure what to do if anything. I figure as long as it doesn’t hurt, I’ll keep doing what I’ve been doing.

Oh well!! I’ll keep you posted.

TTFN-
K

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments