The Girls get it on!  


It's down to the wire now. This is the last week before the top twelve is picked and we only have Idol two days a week! That will be REALLY nice for me because of my big news....


WE'RE MOVING!!!!

...less than a whole block! I'm signing the lease tomorrow. It's an apartment I've had my eye on for about three year. Our moving date is going to be April 8th I believe. I have to discuss it with Mike but I think that will work. The new place is bigger, has a washer and a dryer, central air AND is ON THE APPLE BLOSSOM PARADE ROUTE!!!!!!!!!


I have wanted to live on the parade route since my first Apple Blossom in 1985...I'm pretty sure that's longer than an of the Idol contestants have been alive. Anyway, on with Idol.

OH! First I have to tell you Kimberley Locke (pictured above @kimberleylocke) from season 2 of American Idol is now following me on Twitter!! Don't tell her but I didn't start watching Idol until season 3.

NOW, on with the show!

Ryan tells us that this is Ladies Night and that THIS is American Idol. The show is only an hour tonight so they're going to have to be speedy! Ellen is sitting on Simon's lap doing something gross with Simon's ear. Your wife is WAY too hot for you to be messing with Simon, Ellen, even if it is just a joke. YUCKY!

Katie Stevens - "Break Away" - 866-436-5701 - I'm going to say that I think she was a little flat. I could be wrong because I'm only guessing but it sounds a smidge off. I'm not sure if this song is going to put her in the top 12. Randy thinks that song was too big for her and plays the "Karaoke" card. Ellen loves that she picked a good song but she didn't feel it. Kara says she has a great radio voice but that Kara doesn't think she knows herself. Simon thinks she sucked...the energy out of the song.

Siobhan Magnus - "House of the Rising Sun" - 866-436-5702 - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song!! I think I'm going to call that my favorite of her so far. She drew me in at the beginning and didn't let me go. She kicked Katie's ass. Randy calls it different and says she took a risk. Ellen says she is why she loves music and calls her spectacular. Kara loved the front and is surprised by her each week. Simon wasn't a fan of it and call it weird.

Lacey Brown - "The Story" - 866-436-5703 - It was pretty good. The ending wasn't all that hot but the rest was good. I like her voice and I believe that this was her best to date but Siobhan is still in the lead. Randy says the song was boring but calls it her best. Ellen agrees that it is her best performance to date. Kara calls it effortless. Simon didn't love the song but says she sang it very well.

Katelyn Epperly - "I Feel The Earth Move" - 866-436-5704 - She has WAY too much hair and it's distracting. I'm not sure what to call the outfit she's wear except for BAD. For me, that was a mess. It felt way too old and the Casio keyboard didn't help her AT ALL. Randy didn't feel the right vibe for her. Ellen doesn't think that the song was the right choice for her, for tonight. Kara felt like she was going through the motions. Simon likes her hair but says it felt like request night at a restaurant. I'm not sure if Simon has ever pulled out THAT analogy.

Didi Benami - "Rhiannon" - 866-436-5705 - I like the way she sings and I think she does an interesting version of this song. The chorus was a little strange with the backup singers piping in but, other than that, I think she topped Siobhan. Best of the night so far! I may even buy this one tomorrow. Randy calls it a WHOLE lot better than last week but wasn't sure if it was a "WOW" moment. Ellen says yes indeedy Didi and likes what she did with it. Kara calls it one of her favorite moments of the season so far. Simon agrees with Kara and thought it was head and shoulder above everything else tonight. He also thinks she DID have her "WOW" moment.

Paige Miles - "Smile" - 866-436-5706 - It's the Charlie Chaplin version NOT the Lily Allen version. BUMMER! I wanted "a little wine and a moan". She started off a little shaky and BORING. I think she's either going to cry or fall asleep. BAD MOVE, Paige. I don't think she's going to make it to the top 12. Randy says it just didn't work and went flat. Ellen calls it sad and heavy. Kara calls it all wrong. Simon says it was a horrible choice of song and calls it a "peanut" performance. I think she's gone on Thursday.

Hey! I just saw Bo Bice do a commercial for Moe's. What the hell is Moe's and where the hell is one at? That burrito thingy looked AWESOME!

Crystal Bowersox - "Give Me One Reason" - 866-436-5707 - This a song that I can sing very well...but not as good as she does!! Wow! Sorry, Didi but Crystal just kicked your butt BIG TIME! The ending was excellent. My one wish is that she had better looking teeth and normal hair instead of that matted up mess. Randy says this is what the show is about and calls it hot. Ellen says best of the night. Kara says Crystal knows who she is. Simon says she IS going to be in the top 12 next week and says it's hers to lose. Has he ever said that? I'm not sure.

Lilly Scott - "I Fall to Pieces" - 866-436-5708 - I'm not sure if I'm digging her version of this song. Some of you might remember that I live in Patsy Cline's hometown so her music has a special place in my heart and I don't think that this did it justice. I'm sure Lilly will be safe but it was just alright for me. Randy thinks it was hot. Ellen loves everything. Kara says she made Pasty current. Simon calls her brave and says it didn't have the "WOW" factor. I agree.

Well, tonight is pretty clear to me Katie and Paige are history. What do you think?

I'll leave you with something total random...again. This time from The Wedinator. I wonder what the guests wore?!?!?!



This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2010 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

A lot of your critiques sound just like mine. I'm also with you on eliminations: I think Paige and Katie are going bye bye this week.

So I guess the party is at your place this Apple Blossom! Congrats on the new place. I have to agree that Crystal was the best but she seemed a little cocky there during the judge's remarks. She didn't even flinch when Simon told her it was hers to lose! Did NOT like the Patsy Cline song at all but we are a little biased. And as for Moe's, we got one up here. It's like a Subway shop for burrito's and put whatever you want in it. Plus they have good chips and salsa. Mmmm, mmm!

I lurve K-Lo. I wish she would follow me . . . she might be, but I haven't logged into Twitter in a while.

I think Didi and Paige are in danger tonight.

Katie had a weak night and had to sing first, but I think she got handed too many votes with her my-grandmother-has-Alzheimer's story to be eliminated before the Top 12.