Why would someone have that?  

The following story is true, only some of the names have been changed to protect my invitation to next year's party!

Every year, a person we'll call "Doug", comes into the office to get an invitation made for his Apple Blossom party. He lives in a house on the parade route. In this town, if you live on the parade route, you MUST have a party. And every year, he invites me and Angie and we never go.

On Friday night during the Fireman's Parade, Angie and I decided that we would walk to Doug's house and check it out. Turns out, our seats are only a block away from Doug's.
We show up at the house and see Doug and some other people we know. We chatted a bit and then asked Doug if he would gives us a tour of the house or if we could wander. He said we could wander around. So we did.

Before I go any further, I should tell you that, at this point, I had about 1 1/2 to 2 liters of Sangria.


Doug lives in a huge, old house that is awesome! To protect my invite for next year, I won't be posting a picture of the front of the house but this is the view from the front porch.



I made Angie stand on the porch and pose for me.




We went in and started looking around. As I said the house is awesome. Doug spent a lot of time and money fixing it up and it shows. The first floor has a huge entry way, living room, dining room, kitchen, and a bar/staircase area. I found the stairs to the basement and Angie and I headed down. The entire time Angie kept saying that we shouldn't be there. I was under the firm belief that if there were places that Doug didn't want us to go, he would have given us a tour.

Angie and I went back upstairs and onto the second floor. The bedrooms were all connected. I don't know why but I think it has something to do with the maids being able to move quickly between the rooms back in the day. Angie again, thought that we shouldn't be there...until I found the bathroom! The bathtub was very elegant so I made Angie get in!



Angie was headed back downstairs when I found the door to the attic! Here's a little video.




You can't see much but the audio is pretty funny.

After I took the video, I caught something strange out of the corner of my eye and here it is.



Why would someone have a male mannequin in their house?

Well, we left and showed the other people we were sitting with, including my husband, the picture.


Fast forward to the end of The Grand Feature Parade on Saturday. I talked my husband into walking past Doug's house to see what was going on (Angie wasn't with us this day). Doug had a live band! So we joined in the fun. I, again, had consumed large amounts of sangria and my husband had drank a lot of beer by this time. We were having a good time. Dancing, eating, drinking, falling down, etc.

At some point, my husband went into the house and did this.



He brought the top half of the mannequin down to the second floor and placed it on the roof of the porch and put the bottom half in the window of the attic (it's a little hard to see). Up until this time, Doug was absent. As soon as Mike did that, Doug came back. He had a good laugh but not as good as we did!


This entry was posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments