It's a fine time!

Hello all! I know I've been away for awhile but I'm back. Let me update you on what's been going on.

My mother in-law, Kathleen, went into the hospital again Labor day weekend. The doctors decide they weren't going to let her out until she had heart valve replacement surgery. Well, they did it last Thursday and she made it through! We are very happy about that. She is still in the hospital and will be for about another week. Everyone at the hospital says she is dong great but she doesn't really look it. I'm not sure what I expected but I just thought she'd look better than she does. She's in a lot of pain and feels sick to her stomach most of the time but that's getting better with each day. We are all still very concerned but it looks like she's going to do just fine!

Because of that, I was in Rockville for a good part of last week taking care of Mike's son Brandon. Brandon is mildly autistic but a very good kid. We survived just fine and I think, grew a little closer. He no longer complains when it’s just me and him. I was EXCELLENT at the hospital on Friday. That was the day after the surgery and Mike wanted me to be with Kathleen as much as possible. I went and saw her in the morning and had to pick Brandon up from school at 12:30. We went back to the hospital until 4pm and Brandon didn’t complain once! I was very pleased! It’s hard on him when he’s at the hospital. Kathleen has raised him almost his entire life so that’s all he knows. It worries him that she isn’t going to be okay. I hope this surgery does the trick and she’s able to continue to care for him. If not, they both would be heartbroken!

Other than that, I’ve just been doing the same old stuff. I missed some work but I’m caught up now but I’m behind in doing my Avon. I plan on fixing that by the weekend. Hey! If any of you want to sign up for Avon, let me know. I need 6 people in the next two weeks!

Our trip to Vegas is coming up in less than a week! I can’t wait. I hope I have enough money! Oh well! If I don’t, I’ll just have to charge it!

I think that’s it for now.

Take Care-
Kristi

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments